Tuesday, August 31, 2004

maybe it wasn't an accident

Well, yesterday I made a fool of myself at work, by going in to Manhattan for a meeting only to find out that the meeting was in Queens. Oops. But maybe it was not an accident.

On my way in the door, I passed a Turkish co-worker (whom I do not normally see). She commented that I must be leaving soon for my trip, and asked if I was preparing by eating Turkish food, etc. I agreed that I was, and then mentioned that I had obtained a CD of worship songs used in my church, but sung in Turkish. She was fascinated, and said she had never heard of such a thing. And then she said that she would be interested to hear it, and asked if she could borrow it.

So I will have the opportunity to lend my Muslim co-worker a Christian worship album. All I can say to that is:

Gorkemin bu yeri dodursun

No, I'm not positive exactly what it means -- but it's the first line of "Let your Glory Fall"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I was searching the internet today, I came across your Bible Blog and checked it out. You have a pretty good Blog. I have a website http://www.BibleFamilyTree.com that you might check out that also contains information on Bible History...

Have a Blessed Day,

Bible History