Friday, February 11, 2005

Technical note - comments

I'm switching my 'comment' functionality.

This means three things to you:
1) you will see two 'comment' links instead of one for a while.
2) you should use the 'new comments' link, on the bottom left of each post, to enter any comments from now on. Choose the 'other' button to enter your name.
3) the 'old' comments will go away eventually (as soon as I'm sure the new comments are working).

You can skip this part unless you are a techie...
I had been using Haloscan, which was working perfectly fine. But as I have learned, using an independent commenting function puts you at their mercy, and they can pull the plug at any time. Ironically, the better they are, the more likely they are to fold, since their volunteer business grows to big for them to manage. So I'm switching to the commenting function that is now offered through Blogger. That way, the blog and the comments are managed by the same people. It also has an easier way to delete comments, which hasn't been necessary so far, but could be convenient if anyone entered something inappropriate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew I could count on you!