Thursday, November 06, 2003

chomping at the bit

So now I'm chomping at the bit because we haven't received any materials yet for the next classes, and I want to start studying. After all, the next test is in less than a month, and my study habit is slow and steady, rather than learning a lot at the end. I actually went online and tried an online DISC. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me that I'm a high C/S. No wonder I'm always trying to teach people, but don't always notice whether they are interested! No wonder I'm trying to research what the DISC is. No wonder I find it normal to study more than the other people in class. No wonder I'm cautious about starting things, because it can be overwhelming to have to do everything well, and to finish everything. No wonder I think I need a kinship apprentice who is an 'I'.

And as I listened to the first MP3, I started laughing when the teacher said that a high S/C will have an agenda for everything. As a C/S, that makes sense to me, too of course! why would anyone want it any other way? I did agendas for the coffeehouse meetings, for example. We methodically discussed decorations, refreshments, sound system, advertising, and bands. It's a little disconcerting to realize that even my strong points are not 'normal'.

No comments: