Friday, November 14, 2003

Everyone think's he's a character...and now we can prove it.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me, that according to DISC I'm a High 'C/S', and according to Myers Briggs I'm an ISTJ.

However, I find that when I take these tests on various occasions the highs and lows are always consistent, but the weaker characteristics occasionally vary.

So in DISC, I am always High C, and Low I, but the relative intensity of D and S fluctuates a little.
In Myers Briggs, I am always I, ? ,T, J, but while I'm usually 'S', sometimes I tie with 'N'.

Of course, I was too eager to wait for the class materials, so I tried the online versions first, and found that they work pretty well to at least correlate your general pattern. Here is a link to a DISC test: DISC The results will map to your high and low points, however the interpretation page is a little odd, because of the way they map the scores to percentages -- this seems off to me, since I bet hardly anyone would show up as 'high' in this methodology.

For the Myers Briggs, try
Myers Briggs

But if you don't have the patience to take either of those test, here is a test with only 4 questions, that is pretty accurate! Try the quick, Bloginality test. It's sort of a compressed Myers Briggs.

No comments: