Monday, September 29, 2003

If I say 'hi' does that count as an outreach?

I'm trying to think of an outreach to do.

There are several reasons this is hard for me:
1) I'm not good at meeting new people
2) Many of the suggested outreaches would totally not work in the New York city area. Knock on someone's door! Ask if you can come in to change their lightbulbs! I wouldn't mind the service itself, but I just can't imagine anyone saying 'yes'. I can actually imagine them calling the police.
3) I'm not good at meeting new people
4) This is such an affluent area that it's hard to think of something affordable that would still touch people's heart. And I wouldn't mind leaf raking, but almost every home in this town already hires a landscaping service.
5) I'm not good at meeting new people
6) with my difficulty recognizing people, I don't even know which ones are new

So now I'll list reasons that it will somehow work:
1) God will give me grace to do what I need to do.
2) I'm motivated to move beyond my comfort zone, and do the best I can
3) Mike (my fellow VLI'er) will help me
4) God will give me an idea for something that I can do.

No comments: