Friday, September 26, 2003

What should I learn this week?

This week was a little bizarre. I had to study for a test at work, on Capital Markets. So I was busy memorizing things like the definition of an interest rate swap, and the difference between a forward and a future. But now that my books for VLI finally came, I was eager to get started, so I wanted to study them too. And I'm disappointed in myself that I got bogged down in my scripture memorization, and I wanted to finish memorizing Ephesians 3, but I only know the first part so far, and even that is shaky.

Well, I didn't cover myself with glory, but I made it through the test at work. I got panicked in the middle, because there was no way to save your answers until you submitted the test for scoring. Anyone who has worked a lot with computers knows enough to not trust them. So when someone burnt some popcorn, and I smelled the smoke, I immediately imagined having to evacuate the building, and losing all my answers and failing the test, so I hit the 'submit' button an hour before the end of the test, just to make sure that my answers were recorded.

So now I've mentally switched back to Ephesians. It's got such great prayers in it. I want to learn to pray these prayers for myself and others.

+And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God+.

No comments: