Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Preparing for the final

Now I'm frustrated again.
We still don't have our results back from the mid-term, and the Final is tomorrow. I would like to have more feedback, to understand how short, or wordy, or precise, or descriptive the short answers are supposed to be. I'd like to understand more about the style of how the tests are created. The midterm irritated me, because some of the questions were worded ambiguously. I'm still trying to figure out how precisely to read the questions. If they are worded differently from the lecture, are we supposed to pick up on the difference, and call it a false statement, or are we supposed to recognize that the topic was discussed, and call it True? I'm still confident that I did well, because I had studied a lot, and knew the material. But I would like to feel that I was studying in an efficient way, and that my grade would reflect my knowledge.

And, to top it off, I'm having trouble getting the new book for next semester. It's not listed yet in the Columbus bookstore; it's not available from CBD; Amazon's estimated delivery date is Jan 1-9; and Church Smart Resources doesn't answer the phone. Of course, it's not actually a problem yet -- I can always go ahead and do the reading from the other books first. I'm projecting anxiety about future quarters. Oops. This sounds extremely 'SJ' (Meyers Briggs) and 'C' (Disc) of me. I can recognize that I don't need to be as anxious as I am, but there is a delayed reaction before I realize it inside.

Actually, I should admit that so far the work hasn't been as hard as I expected. I was afraid that it would be unmanageable, and that I would be studying every waking second that I wasn't at work. But it's really not that bad. Compared to the work I did in graduate school, this is both more interesting and less demanding. Ha! It feels great to confess that in writing.

No comments: